My Family

My Family
Steve, Tammy, Mike and Liam







Friday, January 21, 2011

Simply Amazing!



This past December my friend Kara was in town from Faro on a little trip by herself to get things for Christmas. Her and I decided that we would get together for an evening of dinner, a craft fair and some good old shoppin.

So the first place we went was to was the "12 Days of Christmas Craft Fair". This fair is at our old community fire hall on first ave. here in Whitehorse. The neatest little building. This building is open for many events, and is one of the most utilized building here in town for different events.

When Kara and I got in there, we were amazed with the amount of beautiful items that were being sold. There was jewelery, knitting, fur mitts, hats, and mukluks (Kara's Favorite). There was baking, and preserves, and the list of amazing, beautiful hand made items went on and on. I wish I would have come there with more money to be able to purchase more things as there was so much I would have loved to get!

One of the items that I purchased was this jar of Raspberry Lemon Jam. I thought well I hope this is good...it sounded amazing. It had been sitting in my fridge for a while. My son Micheal came to me one day asking what it was and I told him that it was Raspberry Jam, his most favorite jam of all. He asked for a piece of toast with this new jam on it. So I too decided that toast and jam would make a good snack at that time. Well from that moment on, I feel in love. This jam is simply AMAZING! The taste is to die for with the sweet taste of the raspberry and zingy taste of the lemon zest that is all throughout this amazing Jam. It has gotten to the point now that I can not wait to get outta bed to have some toast with this jam! I know...addicted to Jam. But like I said before it has the most amazing flavor and how fresh it tastes just keeps you coming back for more. I only have a medium sized jar...and it is starting to run out! eeeek!

So This morn I was looking on the jar and noticed that the jar had a website on it. So I have just recently looked at this web site and was amazed with the amount of product they sell. From amazing jam, jelly's, sauces, and honey, Cashmere goats, Cashmere, soap. To free range, chickens, to beef cows, goat meat, and fresh veggies. I was so excited looking at this website. For the past year I have been buying local items from veggies, and meat and lots of perseveres. So I think my new goal for this year is to start buying more within my community as there is so much to offer and the product that the local people produce here is simply amazing. If you would like to visit their web site it is:

www.auroramountain.yukonfood.com

I hope this will inspire more people to buy more local product and help support your local community!

No comments: