My Family

My Family
Steve, Tammy, Mike and Liam







Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Place of Peace!


Growing up I never felt like I was totally at home. Never felt like this was where I was supposed to be. I always had a loving family who took care of me and showed me the right path in life. Showed me how to love and care for things and the people around me. I am I very happy with the person that I have become and am proud of what I have accomplished in my short 26 years. But living in Prince George just never felt like home to me. I don't know if any of you believe in a second life, but I have always felt that I belonged somewhere with vast wilderness, and somewhere that you could be and feel like you are in the middle of no where. Call me crazy but this is how I felt since I was little. My dad being a hunter always took my brother and I out grouse hunting and I would always feel so excited to go as I always felt at piece being out on those logging roads hunting for grouse. I met my husband and ended up moving to the Yukon. I will never forget the drive up here from Prince George. It was the middle of the night and I was sound asleep. At the time my boyfriend in the front seat with his brother in law and my boyfriends sister (my sister in law) sitting next to me. I felt this huge rock of the car and woke up to the truck coming to stop. We had a flat tire. I came around from my sleep and looked out the window. I no that we all experience dark...but there is nothing like Yukon dark nights. I remember asking Steve where we were. We are on a gravel road and then to my amazement I looked out the window to see Northern Light. Oh wow, they were amazing...greens and blues dancing across the sky. I started to think...oh my god...where are they taking me..me being a city girl and all with the heart of a northerner. From that day on all I have been wanting to do is discover more and see more of the Yukon and the vast openes it has to offer. I have always been in awe since that cold and dark night and have never got over the beauty of it all. My husband and I are hunters and go to this place in Faro. I look forward to going to this spot every year. You can see for miles and miles. I stand on top of the noel and close my eyes. I can not ear anything...the wind at my face and suns warmth beating on me...I feel at peace....I feel like this is where I am supposed to be...Where I have always supposed to be. In the Yukon, I am home....I am home! My place of peace!

No comments: