My Family

My Family
Steve, Tammy, Mike and Liam







Friday, October 29, 2010

The Pumpkin Hunt!


Our hunt for the perfect pumpkin all started on Wednesday night after my husband got home from work. Steve told Mike that he was going to take him to town to go and find his "perfect pumpkin" that he has been talking about for about a week. So of we all went on Wednesday night to go and find some pumpkins, and to our disappointment, NOT ONE GROCERY STORE, NOTTA ONE, had any pumpkins that you couldn't put your finger through. Oh my gosh, I felt so bad for Mike. He cried the whole way home not understanding why his perfect pumpkin was not sitting in the seat next to him waiting to be carved at home. So we had to explain to him that we were going to on Thursday night and see if any stores had brought in more pumpkins. So off we went once again from one end of town to the other looking for a $2.49 Pumpkin. So finally we went to Super Store and they had brought in 6 huge crates of pumpkins. I was not very impressed with the fact that most of them were either half frozen or split in half or squishy....but I spent 30 min going through those pumpkins in the wind and the cold to find Mikes pumpkin. Holy crap I was cold...and in the car I could see both kids peering out the window waiting for me. So I found 2 pumpkins that were in perfect shape...THANK GOODNESS. I think in the 2 nights of us hunting for these pumpkins we went through a quarter tank of gas...3 bottles to keep Liam satisfied while we drove from here to kingdom come, and a bunch of toys. But in the the end the 5 dollars I spent on those pumpkins and the huge smile I saw on Mikes face was more then worth in the end. Thank you Super Store for having pumpkins, cause if ya didn't you might have had to deal with a very angry little boy...haha!

No comments: